Milling cutter type, machining safety rules and maintenance
The type of milling cutter
The types of milling cutters are:
Cylindrical milling cutter: Used for machining planes on horizontal milling machines. The teeth are distributed on the circumference of the milling cutter and are divided into straight teeth and spiral teeth according to the tooth shape. According to the number of milling teeth, there are two kinds of coarse teeth and fine teeth. Spiral tooth coarse-tooth milling cutter has few teeth, high tooth strength and large chip space, suitable for rough machining; Fine-tooth milling cutters are suitable for finishing.
Face milling cutter: For vertical milling machines, face milling machines or gantry milling machines, there are teeth on the end face and circumference, as well as coarse and fine teeth. The structure has three types: integral type, insert type and indexable type.
End mill: It is used to machine grooves and step surfaces. The teeth are on the circumference and end faces and cannot be fed in the axial direction during operation. When the end mill has a tooth that passes through the center, it can be fed axially.
Three-sided milling cutter: It is used to machine a variety of grooves and step faces with teeth on both sides and circumference.
Milling cutters use safety rules
1. To load and unload the workpiece, the milling tool must be removed. The cutting process and hands must not be close to the milling surface.
2. When using the milling machine to align the knife, it must be slowed in or hand-in, no fast-forward, no parking is allowed when the knife is taken.
3. When you quickly advance and retract the knife, pay attention to whether the milling machine handle will hit people.
4. The feed cannot be too fast, and the sudden shift is not allowed. The milling machine limit stop should be adjusted.
5. The milling machine must be stopped up and down and measuring the workpiece, adjusting the tool, and tightening the shift.
6. Disassemble the end mill, the work surface should be padded, and the milling cutter nut should be unscrewed.
7. It is strictly forbidden to touch or use cotton yarn to wipe the rotating parts and tools. Do not use your hand to remove the cutter head.
Milling cutter maintenanceClean
(1) Disassemble and clean all parts of the felt pad;
(2) Wiping each sliding surface and guide surface, wiping the work table and the lateral direction, lifting the screw rod, wiping the cutter transmission mechanism and the tool holder;
(3) Wipe the dead ends of each part.
(1) The oil holes are clean and unfilled with lubricating oil;
(2) Each rail surface and sliding surface and each screw rod are filled with lubricating oil;
(3) Check the transmission body tank body, oil level, and refuel to the elevation position.
(1) Remove the corrosion of each part, protect the painted surface, and do not collide;
(2) Stop use, spare equipment guide surface, sliding screw hand wheel and other parts exposed to rust easily.